Climate Change is a reality that demands a higher level of responsibility from all of us.
In recognizing the severity of this issue, GAEA has minimized its impact on the climate by measuring and counterbalancing carbon emissions (CO2) of its olive oil products, in cooperation with the Swiss organization “myclimate”.
Measurements of carbon emissions are taken during the entire production cycle. This includes the cultivation and transportation of olives, the production and bottling of the olive oil and, finally, the distribution of the end product in Greece and abroad.
As a result, the GAEA olive oils have minimized their negative impact on the environment and have become the first Extra Virgin olive oils in the world certified as Carbon Neutral.
Water is both a critical resource and essential for business. There is no substitute for water and its shortage will lead to enormous challenges for the Food and Agricultural Industries.
The Water Footprint of a product is the volume of freshwater used to produce the product, measured through the entire production cycle.
Due to its continuous interest in investing in sustainability, GAEA recently calculated the first Water Footprint for its olive oil products. In addition, GAEA became a member of the Water Footprint Network (WFN) which is a non-profit foundation under Dutch law.
The collaboration with WFN helps the company to understand how to achieve a more sustainable and equitable use of water and to increase its environmental awareness of its consumers.
NON GMO CERTIFIED
The Non-GMO Project is a non-profit organization which believes that every consumer should be able to make an informed choice about whether or not to consume genetically-modified organisms.
Analytical testing of seed, crops, ingredients, and products is done at critical points of the production chain to verify that the processes and practices employed by all participants meet the non-GMO Standard.
GAEA products are Non-GMO project verified
OTHER GREEN PROJECTS
- Design and implementation of a new project aimed at the reduction of energy consumption in our factory premises in Agrinion.
- Replacement of the lighting system in our factory and offices with an energy-saving system.
- Recycling program for packaging materials.
- Recycling of batteries (through the AFIS program).
- Recycling of electrical and electronic devices.
- Recycling of paper and print cartridges in our offices and factory.
- Gradual replacement of company cars with cars using environment-friendly technologies.